Henry H. Smith and Company
Henry H. Smith and Company was founded on May 15, 1900 by Henry H. and William H. Smith. They located the company in the heart of downtown Detroit on the corner of East Jefferson and Brush. By 1910, they had established themselves as the largest marine suppliers in the Midwest. During the 1970’s, the business was relocated to Algonac, establishing weekly service to the marinas in the states of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and in Ontario, Canada.
Henry H. Smith Company currently employs 3rd and 4th generation members of the Smith family. We carry one of the largest inventory of new propellers in the Midwest. We also manufacture and/or distribute shafts, rudders, struts, and all related hardware. HHS Company has built a strong reputation for quality workmanship as well as fast, efficient service and delivery. Henry H. Smith Company has always provided, and will continue to provide, our customers with the best Marine Drive products and services available. Henry H. Smith Company continues to be one of the largest marine repair and distributing facilities in the Midwest.